Ph.D. candidate in wildlife ecology, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Arts, Biology major
As I've progressed through graduate school into a doctoral program and begun teaching college courses myself, I have become keenly aware of the challenge that it is to instruct and mentor a diverse group of students. I am constantly reflecting on my own experiences as a biology student at AU as I seek to teach and serve my own students. I am amazed when I recall how each Anderson biology professor intentionally invested in the academic and personal lives of their students. Although my interest in wildlife ecology wasn't highly related to the existing curriculum, each of my instructors took a genuine interest in my goals, and saw to it that I was well prepared to pursue that career. Even more important that the education they imparted, these men and women modeled so many things for me in their continual pursuit of learning, their love of family, and their devotion to Christ. My time in the biology program at AU was rich in every way.
- The recently renovated facilities house classrooms, labs, and equipment that are among the finest in the state.
- The professors are active in professional research and provide students opportunities to be involved.
- The department enjoys an excellent reputation and a good placement rate into top medical schools
- Independent study is encouraged, allowing students to focus on research in their desired area of specialty.
- The department supervises programs in medical technology, the final year of which is spent of campus.
- Science majors learn how to professionally report scientific concepts in both verbal and written form. Our graduates have said this made them better prepared than their peers in from other schools.
Unique OpportunitiesThe department's affiliation with the AU Sable Institute for Environmental Studies allows students to spend a summer studying-ecology and the environment in a field setting. Participants have considered this a life-changing experience.
Graduate SchoolsBaylor University
Indiana University School of Dentistry
Indiana University School of Medicine
Indiana University School of Optometry
Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Logan College of Chiropractic
Michigan State University
Southern Illinois University
Ohio State University
University of Alabama
University of Chicago
University of Cincinnati
University of Florida
University of Illinois
University of Iowa
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Southern California
University of Texas
University of Virginia
Wake Forest University
Washington University (St. Louis)
Wayne State University
Community Hospital of Anderson