What are French majors involved in after graduation?
- Graduate studies (for both master's and doctorate degrees. Schools have included the University of California at Santa Barbara, University of Illinois, Indiana University, Purdue University, Ball State University, University of Connecticut, and Middlebury College)
- International business
- Teaching (at both high school and college levels and teaching English abroad)
- Mission field (in France, Haiti, Africa, and Morocco)
- Peace Corps
- Government (FBI, CIA, UN)
- Art museums
- Working with international sports teams
- Bible translating
- Translating and interpreting
Jessica Geisinger, 2000 French Graduate
wasn’t easy to get an A. It was challenging. The class was conducted
all in the foreign language, and so that was a change for me from high
school. I was just fascinated by the fact that if I kept going, I would
be able to speak another language.
During my junior year, I spent a semester in France, and I had a wonderful experience. The French department at Anderson had encouraged me to live with a French family, and that became such a wonderful part of my experience and gave me a deep understanding of the French culture."