“Upon entering my first job out of college, I felt that my education from Anderson University’s Department of Kinesiology put me at an advantage compared to my co-workers in terms of knowledge in the field. The hands-on practice and variety of experiences that I had at AU gave me a library of health promotion ideas that I still pull from in my job today.”
- Mechelle Meadows BA ‘08
- Athletic training students participate in clinical experiences, with sports teams on campus and at allied health-care settings.
- The ATEP program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
- PETE majors participate in field experiences like teaching/coaching Special Olympians, teaching home schooled children, and serving in after school programs.
- Exercise Science serves the AU community by acting as personal trainers for faculty/staff, by working with strength and conditioning of athletic teams and by doing applied research.
- Exercise Science internships in the community help students gain experience toward a specific career objective, or in preparation for graduate education in physical therapy, wellness, adult fitness/cardiac rehabilitation, and academics/research.
The Kardatzke Wellness Center houses state-of-the-art facilities for sports medicine, exercise science and physical education. In addition to traditional team sports and over 20 intramural sports, the center hosts a wide range of wellness activities and programs.
Graduate SchoolsEastern Illinois University
Eastern Kentucky University
East Texas State University
Florida State University
Kansas State University
Kent State University
Mankato Stat University
Mayo Clinic and Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Miami University (Ohio)
Michigan State University
Monkato State University
North Texas State University
Pembroke State University
Slippery Rock University
Southwest Missouri State University
Texas A and M University
The Ohio State University
University of Akron
University of Cincinnati
University of Missouri
University of Northern Colorado
Western Michigan University