International Student Financial Aid
Mission Kids & Third Cultural Kids Financial Aid (United States Citizens)
Your financial aid information is really the same as for all other applicants to AU. When you are ready, you can get all of the information at the AU scholarship and financial aid web page.
The FAFSA form is our application for financial aid, so like all US citizens and eligible non-residents you need to file that form. There are very serious deadlines you need to make sure you meet. The most common question about the FAFSA form is: “I am living in Kenya (or wherever you are living) what do I do for state of residence?” If you have been paying US taxes then it would be the state you are filing from. But otherwise you may be able to establish your residence in a variety of places, US permanent address, grandparents, next of kin, a parent's sibling, the national office of your mission or company, your home church… all these have possibilities. If any of these is in INDIANA there are some state benefits that may be available to you. (NOTE: The organization or company your parent's work for may have an established policy on this you need to check.)
F1 Student Financial Aid
Anderson University does not add additional fees or service charges for what we offer the international student. However, like ALL American schools you are not eligible for State or Federal funds unless you are a citizen or permanent resident.
Scholarships are available to International Students applying to Anderson University just like they are available to US citizens applying to the university.
International Scholarship The International Scholarship is an “IMPACT” award. These funds are designed to assist students with high need who will have a positive impact on our community.
- It is highly competitive.
- The funds for this come both from friends and alumni donations and the University budget.
- It is a "pool" fund. A specific amount of money is available for each year. Once the needs of continuing students are met, then we know the amount available to new students each year.
- All completed applicants are ranked, and the top three are awarded to meet their need.
- Characteristics in the ranking include but are not limited to: SAT/ACT score, anticipated major, country of origin, anticipated involvement on campus, leadership experience, athletics, connection to the University (alumni, church, etc.), and date of application completion.
- This is one of the ways we are intentional about developing a very diverse and impactful international student body, with 69 students from 25 countries.
- Beyond the top three we look at perhaps the next 15 or 20 and try to award as many as we can. For this reason, underestimating your own ability for funding can hurt your chances for this scholarship.
To apply for the International Student Scholarship:
- Complete the application
- Submit your SAT or ACT scores
- Complete the essay
- Complete as thoroughly and honestly the International Financial aid Application
Church Match Program
The university will match up to $1,500 from any church regardless of denomination or country. The Church relations office can help the church enroll and, if you give us the list, we will even contact the churches for you.
Student loans are not available from AU. Loans from US banks are typically difficult since they require a co-signer who is a permanent resident or US citizen. The best chance with a student loan comes from your home country and government.
Check foundations and US companies doing business in your area. AU is delighted to work with any of these business programs.
Anderson University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Anderson University. Visit the Office of Student Accounts for more information or questions.