The MOSAIC Team at Anderson University established the MOSAIC award in 2012 to recognize individuals within the university who embody the ideal of “modeling and promoting a work-learning environment in which all persons feel welcomed and affirmed on the journey toward intercultural competence.”
The ideal award recipient will be a person who has demonstrated their commitment to intercultural competency in ways that include, but are not limited to:
- Intentionally fostering the values of diversity and racial harmony which are so deeply rooted in the history and theology of Anderson University and the Church of God.
- Extending hospitality by interacting in meaningful ways with persons (students, faculty, and/or staff) whose lives have been shaped by cultures different from their own.
- Engaging in scholarship or professional development that will be helpful in educating the campus community on issues of reconciliation, cross-cultural teaching and learning, and/or racial justice.
- Serving as an advocate and change agent for marginalized communities.
- Challenging individuals to recognize automatic assumptions, perceptions, and stereotypes about people with different cultural worldviews.