AU expands the campus with new facility

Tue, 2012-07-24 10:04 -- univcomm

   Date: 1/12/2001

   Title: AU expands the campus with new facility






Anderson University recently announced the expansion of academic facilities to include a newly acquired building located near the southern perimeter of the 120-acre campus. The new addition is located at 1303 East Fifth Street, which formerly served as the executive office building for Church of God Ministries. Current plans call for the building to immediately support the university’s expanding School of Business program as well as the popular School of Adult Learning.

“The building is an excellent facility ideally located to meet needs of our students and faculty in two of our excellent and growing programs,” said Dr. James L. Edwards, president of Anderson University. “Convenient access to these programs is important to their growth. The added space will provide for further expansion in other areas of the campus. We are so grateful to have this important acquisition made possible by a donor to the School of Business.”

With the relocation of Church of God Ministries to the redesigned Church of God Ministry Center (formerly Warner Press), the 1303 facility was acquired by Anderson University to support future academic growth and activities. The existing facility is a 36,000 square foot building that offers three floors of available space with approximately 12,000 square feet on each floor.

“The School of Business faculty are thrilled with the new facilities,” said Dr. Ken Armstrong, dean of the School of Business. “We feel that they will enhance the high quality of our current program offerings as well as provide an impetus for growth into new areas. These facilities will allow us to better serve the needs of the business community in Anderson and Indianapolis.”

Following a modest amount of renovation, the first floor (street level) of the building offers 23 office areas, one conference room, one multipurpose seminar room and space for a student lounge. The second floor provides 13 offices, one state-of-the-art technology classroom, one computer lab supporting 18 workstations, one faculty-staff break room and spaces for storage. The lower level of the building is currently earmarked for future growth needs. The entire facility will be connected to the university’s existing phone and computer network.

The School of Business at Anderson University offers accredited undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide variety of business disciplines. The school provides a Master of Business Administration degree targeted toward working professionals and a new Master of Accountancy program.

The AU School of Adult Learning provides working adults the opportunity to earn a bachelors degree in over 60 undergraduate majors. In addition, adult learners can participate in an accelerated degree completion program (ADVANCE), which offers a bachelor’s in Organizational Leadership in as few as 18 months. Also available are a variety of non-credit classes through the Center for Lifelong Learning, a summer campus program for kids (Kids University) and a week-long series of opportunities for seniors entitled Elder Campus.

Anderson University is a private, four-year, Christian liberal arts institution of approximately 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students. Established in 1917 by the Church of God, the university offers more than 60 undergraduate majors and graduate programs of study in business, education and theology.