- By actively pursuing their own educational experience - understanding how the university works by being able to locate, access, and use appropriate services and resources when needed (Career Development Center, Counseling Services, Kissinger Learning Center, etc.)
- By exploring the Christian mission, history, and heritage of Anderson University and the importance of a liberal arts education.
- By assisting new students with their integration into the college life at Anderson University through pursuing a thoughtful and informed faith; committing to a lifestyle of service; and engaging in a local community of believers.
Developing an Understanding Self & Others
- By developing an understanding of self, including an awareness of physical and spiritual health, the importance of respecting diversity, and developing relationships with fellow students, faculty and the community.
- By taking responsibility as an active learner for making sound personal decisions and increasing personal independence while transitioning to college life.
- By learning about the expectations both academically, and as a responsible participant in the AU and outside community.
- By exploring leadership opportunities both inside and outside the AU community.
Incorporating Strategies for Success
- By identifying and using relevant personal learning styles to improve study skills including: time management, communication etiquette, and effective reading, listening, note taking, and test taking strategies.
- By demonstrating effective use of library and internet resources
- By assisting students to develop meaningful education plans by utilizing advisors and mentor support personnel to help them plan, select, schedule, and register for classes.