Student Employment & Graduate Assistantships
Anderson University offers part-time jobs to enrolled students. These jobs are often related to students' academic or professional interests. Working allows a student to earn money for college expenses, establish a work record, develop useful professional skills, and provide an opportunity for interaction with faculty, staff, and fellow students. Learn how to search and apply for student employment.
AU is an equal opportunity employer. To be eligible for student employment, students must:
- Be registered for at least 6 hours of classes (or for the next semester during periods of non-enrollment). Incoming students need to pay the enrollment deposit for fall semester to be eligible for student employment the preceding summer.
- Maintain a satisfactory academic progress.
- Complete Student Employment Application, Federal and State Tax forms, and I-9 form.
- Provide banking information for direct deposit of bi-weekly paycheck.
- Support the university’s mission to provide quality education in a Christian environment.
The majority of student positions pay an hourly wage. The hourly wage is determined by the student wage category of the position. There are also some stipend positions available, such as resident assistant. Because students are part-time temporary employees, they do not receive benefits such as paid holidays and health insurance, but they are covered under Worker’s Compensation.
For more information on student employment, including tax exemptions and hour restrictions, please consult the Anderson University Student Employee Handbook.
Assistantships for graduate students provide students with financial resources to help them complete their degrees. Assistantships offer varying educational and professional benefits but, in general, assistantships can offer the opportunity to...
- gain further instruction in techniques in your field
- hone your research skills
- acquire pedagogical experience necessary for an academic career
- develop professional skills including leadership, interpersonal effectiveness, and
- performance evaluation
There are currently no openings for graduate assistantships.