Student Employment Application Process
Students interested in employment at the university should complete a Student Employment Application as soon as possible after acceptance into the university. Applications are available on-line or by visiting the Human Resource Office in Decker Hall, 1100 East Fifth Street, Anderson, IN 46012. The Office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F.
In order to view the PDF version of the Student Employment Application you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Student job vacancies are posted on AccessAU or come to the Human Resources Office to view a listing. Determine which job vacancies are of interest and then come to the Human Resource Office to obtain additional information and a referral for specific job openings. At this time, Human Resource staff will have students complete the Student Employment Application, State and Federal tax forms. Upon hire, direct deposit (EFT) authorization form, and federal employment eligibility (I-9) form must be completed prior to beginning work. Students must show documents to verify they are eligible to work in the United States to complete the I-9 form.
A referral must be obtained for each job a student wants to apply for. Students may visit Human Resource to obtain referrals.
Once a referral is obtained a student simply contacts the hiring department as specified on the referral to schedule an interview. Once the interview is scheduled,
- Do some research on the department and its role on campus.
- Be prepared to discuss any previous work or volunteer experiences.
- Dress nicely and be on time for the interview.
- Bring your class schedule and referral to the interview. The referral shows the departmental staff that you are eligible for student employment.
After the interview,
- If a student has not heard from the department within a week of the interview (or the deadline specified by the department), the student should call the department to see if a decision has been made.
- Supervisors will complete a Student Employment Requisition indicating the student(s) hired and forwards the requisition to Human Resources.
- If a student is not hired by the department, or if the student finds the job is not a good fit for his/her needs, the student should return to Human Resources for additional job referrals.