PR/Recruitment/Fund Raising Student Job Listings
NOTICE: To inquire about a student job listing, please visit AU Human Resources, Decker Hall, Room 11. You will be given additional information and a referral to contact the department. A Student Employment Referral must be obtained from Human Resources to authorize contacting a department for student employment.
Job Title: 2013-14 Communication and Marketing Assistant
- 12-15 hours per week.
- Student will gain first-hand experience in public relations, marketing and promotion.
- Planning and promotion of alumni events/gatherings – both local and national – including web, email, social media and printed materials.
- On-site assistance at local events.
- Writing for monthly alumni e-newsletters, creating content for social media sites and personal contact with alumni in various capacities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, preferably with knowledge of AP style.
- Preference given to Sophomore or Junior COMM/Public Relations and/or Marketing Majors with a 3.0+ GPA.
- Computer skills, especially social media marketing experience a plus.
- MUST be able to work Homecoming Weekend Fall Semester: October 25-26.
- Faculty recommendations and/or portfolio submissions encouraged.
Job Title: Ambassador – Houser - 2013-14
- 3-9 hrs/wk.
- Males & Females needed to house prospective students overnight in dorms on a weekly basis.
- Involving the students in on-campus events, dinner, floor activities, etc
- Must live in the dorms.
- Need good customer service skills, enthusiastic and committed to AU, hospitable, and willing to meet new people.
- Communicate knowledge of AU's culture and understanding of academic majors.
- Initiate and sustain conversation with prospective students and/or their families.
- Involvement in campus activities.
Job Title: Discovery Day Team Member - 2013-14
- Represent the University to prospective students; assist with visit day program.
- This team spends the morning with visiting students as we tour campus and get a feel for what it means to be a student at AU.
- We spend time in a classroom, in chapel, at the Wellness Center, and in the dorms, then eat lunch together.
- Contribute as part of student panel with visiting prospective students; communicate knowledge of Anderson University’s culture and understanding of academic majors; Initiate and sustain conversation with prospective students and/or their families; prepare and mail post visit communication.
- Upperclassmen with leadership experience preferred.
- Extensive campus leadership experience (i.e. SGA,CAB,RA, clubs, athletics, etc.)
- Strong people skills.
- Available 9 a.m. to 12 Noon or 1 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Or must have three hours open between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (i.e. 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
Job Title: Shuttle Drivers - 2013-14
- This position allows for one-on-one time to interact with our guests while providing ground transportation.
- As listed above, duties include shuttling guests to and from the Indianapolis Airport, their place of lodging and around campus.
- Must be an approved university driver through Physical Plant with knowledge of directions to and from airport and the city of Anderson.
- Hospitable and friendly.
- Must be living in accordance with university lifestyle expectations.
Title: Summer Camp Leadership Team
- 1-2 weeks during the summer.
- Travel and represent AU at various events, camps, and churches.
- Interact with high school students and youth pastors.
- Potentially lead a discipleship group of high school students.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of settings, traveling, independently, and working with people on a daily basis.
- Must be flexible, honest, dependable and responsible.
- Must be committed to AU and able to communicate knowledge of AU culture, etc.