Technical Student Job Listings
NOTICE: To inquire about a student job listing, please visit AU Human Resources, Decker Hall, Room 11. You will be given additional information and a referral to contact the department. A Student Employment Referral must be obtained from Human Resources to contact a department for student employment.
Dept: Conf. & Perf. Events
Job Title: Asst. House Mgr
- Must attend all auditorium events that require ushers, and assist House Manager as necessary.
- Coordinate with House Manager to make sure all below duties are fulfilled.
- Assist House Manager in hiring Event Ushers.
- Assist House Manger in getting the appropriate size usher staff for each auditorium event.
- Must attend weekly staff meetings with Reardon Key Staff.
- Assist House Manager in training Event Ushers, including emergency evacuation procedures.
- Must know and understand all rules and regulations pertaining to Reardon Auditorium policies.
- Help to maintain safe and enjoyable environment for patrons attending events.
- Stop anyone from running, sliding down banisters, crowd surfing, etc.
- Assist House Manager in facilitating seat checks in auditorium twice per year to make necessary repairs.
- Assist House Manager as necessary in making sure all food and drink supplies are purchased for stocking dressing rooms, if requested by client.
- Assist House Manager to collect the 15% merchandise fee from clients who choose to sell merchandise in the lobby during events.
- Assist House Manager to complete event sheet for each event for billing.
- Communicate regularly with usher staff as coordinated with House Manager.
- Cover Reardon Auditorium events for House Manager as necessary
- 10-12 hours per week (varies greatly). Assist the House Manager in maintaining the structure and order of Reardon Auditorium during events.
- Either serve as the Chapel Coordinator or assist the House Manager in maintaining the structure and order of Chapel/Convocation.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pay attention to detail. Show commitment to quality. Have professional appearance.
- Exhibit organization skills. Maintain flexibility with schedule and available to work most events.
- Be assertive and confrontational with clients when necessary while keeping a positive customer service attitude. Have integrity when dealing with peers.
- Must attend fall Key Staff Training during freshman orientation week. Maintain AU driver’s permit for both car and van (desirable, but not imperative) Must maintain a 2.5 GPA