Technical Student Job Listings
NOTICE: To inquire about a student job listing, please visit AU Human Resources, Decker Hall, Room 11. You will be given additional information and a referral to contact the department. A Student Employment Referral must be obtained from Human Resources to contact a department for student employment.
Job Title: 2013-14 Production Assistant
- 10-15 hrs. per week.
- The production assistant is responsible for training patrons in the use of various production equipment and computer software programs necessary for the creation of audio-visual products that will create some materials for patrons upon request.
- The production assistant will demonstrate several computer-based production systems used to capture, edit, and output video and audio programs, and scan and edit digital still images.
- The production assistant will demonstrate to patrons how to build and organize electronic presentations using PowerPoint, burn CD-R’s and DVD-R’s, and other digital processes as required.
- In addition, the production assistant will duplicate audio cassettes, videocassettes, CDs, and DVDs upon request.
- Person being considered for this position should have a high familiarity with the operation of a MS Windows-based personal computer, including general navigation, system tools, and the process of adding and updating software.
- This position has strong interaction with the CET’s patrons.
- Anyone being considered for the position must be verbally articulate, enjoy working with the public, and have the ability to explain complex processes in language which the new learner can understand.
Job Title: Fifth Street Communications Photographer - $7.40 per hour
- Approx. 4 – 6 hours per week.
- To utilize and develop photojournalism skills to support Fifth Street Communications™ projects. Emphasis is on composition and storytelling through photography.
- Specifically, the photographer will be responsible for working with associates to understand photography needs, then scheduling and taking photos to accompany client work.
- Primary support will be for the contract with AU Communications; photos will appear on www.anderson.edu, Facebook, e-mail messaging and other vehicles for university communication.
- Knowledge of digital cameras/photography and editing (i.e. Photoshop) is necessary.
- Applicants must submit photography samples of their work as part of the interview.
- Photographer will need to provide/use own camera. Prefer Soph., Junior or Senior.