Technical Student Job Listings
NOTICE: To inquire about a student job listing, please visit AU Human Resources, Decker Hall, Room 11. You will be given additional information and a referral to contact the department. A Student Employment Referral must be obtained from Human Resources to contact a department for student employment.
Job Title: Student Designer
- Hours per week: 6-10
- Provide design assistance for the departments various publications/projects in a manner that
- reflects the goals and ethos of the university.
- Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Contributes design talent to the work of the department which includes the creation of newsletters, brochures, ads, catalogs and a wide variety of marketing materials.
- Provides regular reports/updates on projects and activities as directed
- Contributes to an effective working relationship within the department, the university, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- current student in the graphic design program
- prefer student beginning sophomore year
- experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator software
Knowledge and skills:
- portfolio demonstrating basic design skills
- basic understanding the printing process
Job Title: Assistant Editor For Andersonian Student Newspaper For 2013-14 academic year
- The Andersonian, student newspaper, is looking for an associate editor to assist the editor-in-chief with newspaper content and production.
- Hours vary from 12 - 15 hours per week.
- All majors accepted including Communication Arts majors.
- Journalism experience and good news judgment essential.
- Must be good writer and editor.
- Proficiency with Adobe CS products desirable.
Job Title: Athletic Team Manager for Baseball Team (FWS or international Referrals only through 11/25)
- 10-15 hours per week.
- Attend all practices and games;
- in charge of set-up and tear down activities of athletic events;
- organizing and maintaining equipment;
- perform various other sideline/courtside activities;
- assists with record keeping;
- attends to needs of players;
- work with head coach for additional duties;
- may travel with team.
- Interest in athletics.
- Must be dependable and organized.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Available Afternoon, evening and weekends, with ability to work long hours for a specified number of weeks.