Tuesday – Thursday, May 29 – 31, 2012 -- REGISTRATION CLOSED
The Workshop will begin with a Meet and Greet on Tuesday morning, May 29. Classes will be held from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The workshop will culminate with an improvised recital on Thursday afternoon.
Daily classes will include:
- Classical Improvisation with Ann Baltz
- Using Improvisation in Lyric Theatre with Laurel Goetzinger
- Movement improvisation and yoga with Shauna Steele
- Improvisation for pianists with Ann Baltz
Some of the activities include:
- Singing in Gibberish
- Wordless Ensembles
- Vocabulary Theme Ensembles
- Improvising to Artwork — Telling the Picture
- Playing with Attitudes and Actions
- Flipping the Aria — Recontextualization
- Group generated scenarios — duos, trios, quartets, etc.