What are some of the distinct features of the transition to Teaching Program?
- A collaborative community of learners
- Evening classes
- Program completion in ten months
- Field-based classroom immersion
- Recognition for prior professional experience
- Low-interest loan options for financial support
- Online and in-class instructional experiences
- Candidates may select either elementary (k-6) or secondary (5-12) tracts
Initial Admission Requirements:
- Candidates must have a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with an overall GPA of 3.0 as well as a GPA of 3.0 in their major area of study OR
- Candidates must have a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with an overall GPA of 2.5 as well as a GPA of 2.5 in their major, with five years of professional experience.
- Passing scores from one of the following exams (official score report must be submitted with application):
- Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) which includes Reading, Math, and Writing sub-tests (for more information, contact the AU School of Education) OR
- ACT® with a score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science OR
- SAT® with a score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math OR
- GRE® with a score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11 OR GRE® with a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11
Note: Anyone with a master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution is exempt from the basic skills exams listed above.
Additional Program Requirements:
Appropriate content area assessment(s) must be taken and passed by December 1, 2014 and appropriate pedagogy area assessment must be taken and passed by February 2, 2015. Candidates who do not successfully complete both content area assessments(s) and the pedagogy area assessment by the deadlines mentioned above will not be permitted to student teach until all tests are passed (for more information, contact the AU School of Education).
When is the deadline to apply?
Applicants interested in the Transition to Teaching program at Anderson University should submit all initial admission requirements on or before June 15, 2014. Once candidates have submitted all initial admission requirements, an interview with the Dean of the School of Education will be scheduled. The first class, which will be online, begins on July 7th, 2014.
What is the cost?
- Application Fee: $50.00
- Tuition: $10,300 (2014-2015 Academic Year)
- Textbooks: To be determined (cost not included in tuition)
FIinancial Aid information:
If you would like to discuss your payment or aid options, please contact Mary Trent at email@example.com.
For more information:
Please contact the Department of Adult and Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.