Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the Anderson University Doctor of Ministry Studies program:
- Meet all general standards for admission to Anderson University School of Theology as set forth in the current catalog.
- Hold a Master of Divinity degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited theological school.
- Provide official transcripts and references demonstrating ability to do above average academic work with a GPA of 3.00 to 4.00 required.
- Have been in a professional ministerial setting for at least three years after receiving the MDiv degree or its equivalent and must be currently involved in professional ministry. (Exceptions to the three-year period may be made if the applicant has at least five years of full-time ministry experience, is at least 35 years of age, and has at least a 3.25 GPA.)
- Submit an application form, including the fee, required essays and recommendations, and official graduate transcripts.
Admission to the program is based on academic ability, performance in ministry, and clarity of purpose in seeking admission to the program. Advanced credit is not granted for DMin or other coursework taken elsewhere.
A student is strongly encouraged to contact the Doctor of Ministry Studies Director related to equivalency. A student with a Master of Arts of a theological nature from an accredited school (of at least 45 semester hours) should contact the director for determining a path to complete equivalency work, scholarship opportunities, and how they might enter the Doctor of Ministry. Contact: Dr. James Lewis, (765) 641-4525, firstname.lastname@example.org.