Renew Your Ministry 4!
The Center for Christian Leadership is hosting Renew Your Ministry 4 for pastors and ministry leaders. Anyone is welcome to attend. The cost is $10 for one day, $15 for two days, $20 for all three days. Register now!
Monday, October 12
2015 Newell Lectures in Biblical Studies: 34th Annual Lecture
Speaker: Dr. Candida R. Moss, Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity in the Department of Theology at the University of Notre Dame.
LOCATION: The Adam W. Miller Chapel, School of Theology
TOPIC: "Resurrection of the Body, gender, disabilities and the church"
- Lecture 1 (9 - 10:15 a.m.):With What kinds of Body do they Come? What does it mean to be Resurrected From the Dead?
- Lecture 2 (10:30 - 11:45 a.m.):"The Righteous Amputees: Sin, Salvation, and Disability in the Gospel of Mark" (academically focused lecture)
- Lunch (12 - 1 p.m.):
- Lecture 3 (2 - 3:15 p.m.):"Mark of the Nails: Form and Function of the Crucifixion Marks in the Gospel of John" (academically focused lecture)
- Q & A (3:30 p.m.):
Attend a Regular Seminary Class
- 6 - 8:45 p.m. - Archaeology professor David Neidert. Decker Hall room 133. Topic: “The Sea People and Siege Warfare”
Tuesday, October 13
8 - 10:45 a.m.
- Dealing with Sexual Harassment and Inappropriate Behavior in the Church. Panel Discussion moderated by Dr. MaryAnn Hawkins. Panel: Juanita Leonard, MaryAnn Randolph, Arnetta Bailey, Nichele Washington. SOT room 114.
- Topics in Theology. Dr. Gregory Robertson. SOT room 113. Topic: The class will be looking at the ancient claim of Fides Quarens Intellectum, that faith inherently seeks understanding.
11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Worship in Seminary Chapel
2 to 4:45 p.m.
- Spiritual Formation. Dr. Guy Brewer. SOT room 113. Topic: "Spiritual Dispositions and Christian Integrity"
- Ministry of Biblical Reconciliation. Dr. Eugene Roop. SOT room 114.
Wednesday, October 14
9 - 10:15 a.m.
- "Creatively Meeting Needs to the Marginalized in Your Community" (Hank Workman, Executive Director of The Forklift, Columbia City, Indiana)
- “21st Century Discipling” (Dr. John Aukerman, Professor of Discipleship)
10:30 - 11:45 p.m.
- “Clergy Dealing with Stress” (Dr. Guy Brewer, Professor of Pastoral Theology)
- “Disciple Making & Mission: Parting Ways with the Old Wineskins” (Kelly Fair, Director Congregation & Staff Development, Fellowship Missionary Church, Fort Wayne, Indiana)
1 - 2:15 p.m.
- “Training For Trainers: Proclaiming the Gospel, Discipling New Believers and Planting Healthy Reproducing Churches” (Pastor Gary Stump, Onward Church, Fishers, Indiana)
- "Letting Scripture Speak: Doing Ethics in a Fragmented World" (Dr. James W. Lewis, dean of the School of Theology)