The Center for Christian Leadership is hosting Renew Your Ministry 2! for pastors and ministry leaders. Anyone is welcome to attend.
The cost is $15 for one day, $28 for two days, $40 for all three days. Register now.
Monday, October 20 - Newell Lectures: “The Word of God and Church Life”
The 33rd Annual Newell Lectures in Biblical Studies
There is no change for the Newell Lectures. The only cost is if you want to share in the Community Lunch at Noon.
Lecture 1 (9 - 10:15 a.m.): "The Return of Alternative Gospels"
Lecture 2 (10:30 - 11:45 a.m.): “The Doctrinal Imperative”
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Community Lunch - Southern Hospitality Buffet (pulled BBQ pork shoulder with BBQ sauce, honey mustard grilled chicken breast, buns, cheddar mac, vegetarian calico black beans, coleslaw, and watermelon. Includes iced tea, lemonade, and ice water)
Lecture 3 (2 - 3:15 p.m.): “Preaching Doctrine in Our Time”
Q & A (3:30 p.m.)
Visit a seminary class:
6 - 8:45 p.m.
- Archaeology and the Ancient Near East: History of Ancient Egypt, the Hyksos Period, King Tut’s Tomb (Prof. David Neidert) D-133
Tuesday, October 21
Visit a seminary class:
8 - 10:45 a.m.
- The European Reformations: Readings in Calvin or Anabaptist Writers: Baptism and Lord’s Supper (Dr. Gregory Robertson) T-114
9 - 10:45 a.m.
- New Testament: Jesus in the Dust: Exploring Jesus as a 1st Century Jew in the Palestinian Province of Rome (Dr. Kimberly Majeski) T-113
11 a.m. - Noon
- Worship in Seminary Chapel
Noon - 1:45 p.m.
- Community Lunch – Taco Salad Buffet (tortilla salad bowls, seasoned beef southwest shredded chicken, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and fiesta fruit salad. Includes iced tea, lemonade and ice water)
2 - 4 p.m.
- Biblical Foundations of Christian Mission: “Thriving in God’s Diverse Church” (Dr. Gary Agee)
2 - 4:45 p.m.
- Women and Men in Ministry Partnership: “Gender Wars or Gender Partnership” (Dr. MaryAnn Hawkins)
6 - 8:45 p.m.
- Theological Ethics: “Marriage and Divorce: A Moral Reflection from a Kingdom Ethic Perspective” (Dr. James Lewis) T-114
Wednesday, October 22
Specialized Ministry Workshops:
Workshop 1 (9 - 10:15 a.m.)
- “Would Jesus Hang Out in a Strip Club?” Powerful transferrable principles for followers of Jesus who want to take his love into the world (Dr. Kimberly Majeski, CEO of StrippedLove.org)
- “How Strategic Planning Changed Us into a Missional Church: The Continuing Journey We had to Make!” (Georg Karl, Pastor, Vincennes First Church of God)
- “Using Your Strengths in Ministry” (Gayle Wiese, Pastor to Children and Families, East Side Church of God, Anderson, Ind.)
Workshop 2 (10:30 - 11:45 a.m.)
- “Reaching the World with A Smile & Conversation” (Donna S. Thomas, Past president of Project Partner, and president of Christian Vision Ministries)
- “Conversation About Slow Church” (Joe Watkins, Pastor, New Hope Community Church of God, Dayton, Ohio)
- “21st Century Discipling” (Dr. John Aukerman, Professor of Discipleship)
- Community Lunch – All-American Lunch Buffet (Grilled hamburgers, BBQ chicken breast and veggie burgers, served with buns, potato salad, potato chips, watermelon, condiments: lettuce, tomato, pickles and cheese. Includes iced tea, lemonade and ice water.)
Workshop 3 (1 - 2:15 p.m.)
- “Welcome! Recovering the Spiritual Discipline of Hospitality in Congregations” (Rev. Mary Stephens, CWC Ministry Coordinator)
- “Energizing Adult Learning at Church: How we Helped People Study About the Rapture and Israel Using Andragogy” (Georg Karl, Pastor, Vincennes First Church of God)
- “Training For Trainers: Proclaiming the Gospel, Discipling New Believers and Planting Healthy Reproducing Churches” (Pastor Gary Stump, Onward Church, Fishers, Indiana)
Workshop 4 (2:45 - 4 p.m.)
- Faith and Flood, the Amazing Story of the Frozen Creek Flood of July 5, 1939 (Dr. Gary Agee)
- What is the Purpose of the Church Board? (Doug Talley, Executive State Pastor, Indiana Ministries of the Church of God)