This page is important for both new and returning students. The information here provides one locale for most forms needed by the School of Theology and Anderson University.
Registering for classes
The registration process starts every aspect of your academic year. Your registration, filed with the University Registrar, opens the windows for applying direct scholarships to your account and for your direct loan process (if you are planning to secure federal loans).
Your registration process starts with your assigned advisor. Please see them to begin this process. Forms for registration are available in the Office of Student Development. Your advisor will discuss your schedule, help you in filling out paperwork, and approve your courses.
Incoming students (during the summer) will be advised for the fall semester only through the Office of Student Development. All students must register for Spiritual Formation. Other courses may be selected related to the student’s intended status (either full time or part time). After the initial registration for incoming students, the student should work from that point forward with their assigned advisor.
Registration forms should be returned to the Office of Student Development for verification of information. This Office will make sure the forms are delivered to the University Registrar.
Each seminary student will be required to take the EQ-I as part of the orientation process. This inventory is designed to measure emotional intelligence, and will be incorporated in some coursework. Please go to Click here to complete the EQ-I. For instructions, login information, and passwords, see your e-mail correspondence or contact Dr. Guy Brewer.
Obtaining a Syllabus or Book List for Classes
Each professor has a faculty page in which they post personal and professional information, as well as their current syllabi. On the faculty page, click on your professor's web page link for a list of courses they are teaching. Under the course you are taking with them will be an upcoming syllabus complete with required reading. You may purchase books from the AU Bookstore or any preferred retailer.
Information and Forms for the School of Theology:
It is important to check each of these links for useful information. All are PDF unless specified.
- AccessAU and RavenMail (this site is critical for all students. It is your primary link to your registration of classes and financial information. Please set up your account as soon as you become a new student)
- Higher One (all students will receive a Higher One card. This card is used for disbursement of financial aid and other reimbursements. Cards are received in the mail)
- Chapel (the current semester seminary chapel schedule)
- SOT Tuition (the current academic year tuition schedule)
- University Financial Aid (see Nelda Ely, the graduate student counselor)
- Financial Aid Illustration (a pie chart explaining your “Financial Aid Package”)
- General Information about Security Services (all the services of this University Office)
- Ordering Parking Permit online (a PDF to order your parking permit)
- Student Parking Permit (a PDF for securing your parking permit)
- Raven Alert System (this site is for signing up for Raven Alert. This system is connected to your email and your telephone to alert you to school closings, weather alerts, or dangers on campus; essential for every student)
- University Calendar (a list of all dates essential to registration, grading, and holidays)
- Masters Class Schedules (a list of the current academic year classes, both online and residential)
- Student Handbook (the residential handbook for the current year)
- Handbook Signature page (a page that must be returned to the Office of Student Life after reading the Student Handbook)
- Degree Intention Declaration Form (a PDF form for declaring your area of study)
- Student Financial Responsibility Contract (a PDF form required by the institution regarding financial obligations)
- FERPA Information (information regarding the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act)
- Veterans’ Benefits (for those using funding for their education)
- Nicholson Library (this link is to the University’s library)
- Kissinger Learning Center (need help in writing a paper? Visit the Center)
Anderson University Services useful to students:
- University Dining (Chartwell’s) (this link connects with the university dining service where you may see times of operation, meals, and events)
- Human Resources (for both student and staff employment)
- Information Technology Services (computer help? Contact ITS)
- The University Publication, Signatures (the official university publication about the school and its activities)
- University Athletics Department (for game details and events)
- The Kardatzke Wellness Center (gym and fitness area open to all registered students)