Study Abroad - Financial Aid
FINANCIAL AID for STUDY ABROAD and USA OFF-CAMPUS STUDY
Most forms of federal and state financial aid will be available to you for study abroad or USA off-campus study. Consult with the Office of Student Financial Services for eligibility and use of these funds.
Institutional financial aid is available only for students who register with AU for their study abroad. This financial aid is available for the academic year, not during summer term.
Anderson University Financial Aid
Anderson University financial aid for on-campus study does not automatically transfer to study abroad or off-campus (USA) study programs. However, you may be eligible for a study grant from Anderson University specifically designated for study abroad or off-campus study.
To apply for Anderson University financial aid, complete the Application for AU Financial Aid for Study Abroad and Off-Campus Study form and submit it to the Center for International and Intercultural Studies. Anderson University funds are available for one semester of study during the student’s enrollment at Anderson University. Financial assistance is not available for short-term internships or summer study programs. The maximum award is $3,000.00. Students attending Anderson University by virtue of tuition exchange or remitted tuition programs may be eligible depending on the availability of funds. The funds are allocated on the basis of the following:
- Priority is given to students whose degree program requires off-campus study
- Awards are based on financial need, taking into consideration the student’s eligibility for non-Anderson University financial assistance (Federal, State, etc.)
- Student has demonstrated academic qualifications for the study program
- Program of study is approved by the Department Chair in conjunction with the Director of the Center for International and Intercultural Studies
- Student has been enrolled as a full time student at Anderson University the semester prior to proposed study. Student is enrolled full time in a degree program at Anderson University at the time of study
- Proposed study is relevant to the student’s degree program