Study Abroad - Resources
U.S. Department of State
Essential help from the US government, for everything from travel safety advisories to crisis assistance for US citizens abroad, as well as contact information for all U.S. embassies and consulates abroad. Also lists foreign embassies and consulates in the U.S. Frequently-consulted parts of this very comprehensive web site include the following:
- Travel Warnings and Information
- Online U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and other Missions
- Country Specific Information and Entry/Exit Requirements
- Foreign Consular Offices in the U.S. (for visas)
- Background Notes (country information)
Centers for Disease Control, CDC Travel Information
Official U.S. government information about health conditions worldwide, including recommendations for immunizations and locations of travel clinics.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Information on customs restrictions and duty fees on items brought into the U.S. by travelers, including the publication Know Before You Go.
Currency Exchange Rates
Study Abroad Resource
World Time Zones
Foreign language products, dictionaries, and translations for travelers