July 18, 2012
The mission of the teacher education program is to prepare teachers of quality who are competent, reflective educators committed to professional excellence. To help us in this effort, the Anderson University School of Education has purchased Tk20. Tk20 is a comprehensive system that provides a rich set of assessment data management tools to help track and enhance student growth, as well as make assessment and accountability tasks more efficient and effective. AU education students will have access to Tk20 for 10 years to build their professional portfolio and support career advancement. The system enables students to participate and manage their academic activities throughout their college experience. This system allows students to:
- Create and submit key assignments online.
- Facilitate collaborative evaluations online between instructors, field mentors, and students.
- Create electronic portfolios documenting course work.
- Keep records of field experience work including student teaching and all clinical practices (field assignments, field experience, student teaching, clinical practice and internships).
- Submit forms online, including applications for student teaching and other field experiences for teacher certification.