AU will host “One Lord, One Faith” to kick off the North American Convention of the Church of God at the Madison Park Church of God on Friday, June 26, at 7 p.m.
The event will be hosted by Anderson University President, Dr. James L. Edwards, with special guests Dr. Ronald V. Duncan, Rev. Robert E. Edwards, Dr. Andrea Cook, president of Warner Pacific College, Dr. John Fozard, president of Mid-America Christian University and Dr. Gregory Hall, president of Warner University. Music will be performed by Jay and Amy Rouse with Steve Williamson conducting a 170-voice alumni choir and Randy Vader narrating.
Established in 1917 by the Church of God (Anderson, Ind.), Anderson University remains committed to developing church leaders. Church-relatedness, a pioneering spirit, and academic excellence define the campus environment.
AU will also host the following events:
- 35th Annual Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament Fri., June 26, 8 a.m. tee-off Yule Golf Course, Alexandria, Ind.
- Fourth Annual African American Reunion and Awards Luncheon Sat., June 27, 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. (reservations required) Olt Student Center, Kane Dining Room
- Decade of the 1950s Reunion Reunion for all alumni and friends from the late ‘40s to ‘60s Sat., June 27, following evening service Madison Park Commons
- Heritage Dinner Sun., June 28, 1 p.m. (reservations required) Olt Student Center, Schield Dining Room
- Class of 1959 Reunion reception for 50-year and 50-plus-years alumni Mon., June 29, 2-3 p.m. Olt Student Center, Kane Dining Room
- School of Theology Alumni and Friends Luncheon Annual Awards Mon., June 29, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Olt Student Center (reservations required)
- Guided Campus Tours Mon.-Wed., 3:15 p.m. Welcome Center
- Warner Sallman Paintings June 26-July 1, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sun. hours, noon-4 p.m. Krannert Fine Arts Center, Wilson Galleries
- Mocha Joe’s & Corner Pocket Fri., Sat., Mon., Tues., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sun., 1- 6 p.m. Wed., 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Olt Student Center, lower level
- Kardatzke Wellness Center, Tom and Sch’ree Ward Fieldhouse, Glenn and Berny Falls Fitness Center Open Recreation Hours to be posted
- Bennett Natatorium Swimming Pool Hours Mon.-Fri. 1-6 p.m. Lap Swim 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat., noon-6 p.m. Sun., 2-5 p.m.
- Gustav Jeeninga Museum of Bible and Near Eastern Studies Mon.-Wed., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Self guided tours School of Theology, lower level
Anderson University is a private Christian university of 2,800 undergraduate and graduate students in central Indiana. Anderson continues to be recognized as a top Christian college: in 2008, U.S. News and World Report ranked Anderson University among the best colleges and universities in the Midwest for the fourth consecutive year. Established in 1917 by the Church of God, Anderson University offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, education, music, nursing and theology.