The event, the first of its kind at AU, will offer prospective students the opportunity to interact with professors and current students, tour departments, and explore different areas of study at AU.
See the Academic Departmental Open House Flyer [PDF].
The Admissions Office traditionally offers visit days year-round and individual departmental visit days in the fall. The creation of this event was a response to departmental requests for an additional visit day in the spring semester and research from other colleges.
“Our hope is to bring a lot of potential students and families to campus and enable them to make those final decisions by facilitating interactions between them and key people in the departments,” said Admissions Event Coordinator Audrey Weiger.
The event is designed especially for prospective students who have already been accepted to the university. The invitation has been extended to these students and their families as way to get a more in-depth look into key programs and facilities offered at AU. “One of the best ways to make a final college decision is to hone in on different departments,” said Weiger.
The Academic Departmental Open House will take place in the following locations on campus:
- Art and Design – Krannert Fine Arts Building
- Biology – Hartung (Second Floor)
- Falls School of Business – Hardacre Hall
- Chemistry and Physics – Hartung Hall (Third Floor)
- Communication – Broadcasting Center
- Computer Science – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- School of Education – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- English – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- History and Political Science – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- Kinesiology – Kardatzke Wellness Center
- Mathematics – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- Modern Foreign Languages – Decker Hall (Third Floor)
- School of Music – Krannert Fine Arts Building
- School of Nursing – Hartung Hall (Third Floor)
- Psychology – Hartung Hall (First Floor)
- Religious Studies – Hartung Hall (First Floor)
- Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, and Family Science – Decker Hall (Second Floor)
Parking will be available near the soccer fields (location 31 on the AU campus map) and shuttle transportation will be available to and from the academic location(s). Admissions personnel will be present to provide assistance. Registration is not required to attend the event.
To learn more about the Academic Departmental Open House, contact the AU Office of Admissions by phone at (765) 641-4080 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anderson University is a private Christian university of 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students in central Indiana. Anderson University continues to be recognized as one of America's top colleges by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes. Established in 1917 by the Church of God, Anderson University offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, education, music, nursing, and theology.