The Anderson University Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) program is off to a great start for the 2012-2013 academic year. The students are working on the projects that have been ongoing for the past several years in addition to several new projects. Ongoing projects include Flying to Financial Freedom, where budgeting and credit management are worked on; and Cheat Your Neighbor, Cheat Yourself, which focuses on teaching the importance of ethical behavior to elementary students.
A new project in the Anderson area will include collaboration between Anderson University SIFE and Main Source Bank. This project will involve working with fifth- and sixth-graders to educate them about banking and maintaining a bank account.
SIFE has five new consulting projects this year. These include:
- Coeus Technology, a company with an antimicrobial product that is used on sprays and wipes, will work with SIFE on expanding its market base. Students will work to develop a sales strategy for the company.
- Eighth Street Café in downtown Anderson is going to work with SIFE students on its marketing. This will include creating a social media presence, finding new catering projects, and increasing Anderson University students’ awareness of the cafe. The café is also interested in working on its interior and exterior design.
- The Madison County Chamber of Commerce will be partnering with SIFE to help the Get Linked expo. SIFE students will help with data collection and interpretation regarding the state of business in Madison County. Students will also create a list of surrounding counties and their upcoming business development events to work on building the relationship between the Chamber and surrounding counties.
- SIFE will work with the Anderson University Career Development Center to improve the use of its social media. The Career Development Center works to match qualified students and alumni with prospective employers. It works with students on resumes, interviewing skills and networking.
- ZMUFF has a patented design for a hand-warming muff. SIFE will be partnering with ZMUFF to help with its market penetration and expansion. Additionally, SIFE plans to work with ZMUFF on an inventory management system.
These are all new projects that Anderson University students will be working on in this academic year. After completing the projects, the students will prepare a presentation to summarize their work. The presentation will be given in April at the SIFE regional competition in Chicago. The winning teams will move on to national competition in May. We are looking forward to a fun, productive and successful year for our Anderson University SIFE team.
Anderson University is a private Christian university of 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students in central Indiana. Anderson University continues to be recognized as one of America's top colleges by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes. Established in 1917 by the Church of God, Anderson University offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, music, nursing, and theology. The Falls School of Business is one of Anderson University’s largest academic departments offering eight undergraduate majors as well as MBA and DBA programs. The school is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is a member of the Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA).