IDEA-U exists to promote purposeful innovation, collaboration, and entrepreneurship among all members of the Anderson University community.
- To stimulate and support synergy between existing AU constituencies and Indiana community partners
- To develop professional networks that link students, alumni and community partners
- To increase students’ readiness for professional engagement.
- Incubate collaborative partnerships and innovative entrepreneurial projects that will impact communities in central Indiana.
- Keep more AU graduates in Indiana by equipping students, faculty and staff with the entrepreneurial and professional skills needed to create and fill new job opportunities within the state of Indiana based on a knowledge economy.
IDEA –U Structure:
- Incubator Laboratory located in Nicholson Library and supervised by a faculty director and an advisory council.
- Collaborative Networks developed and sustained as part of students’ curricular and co-curricular experiences at Anderson University.
- Strategic Professional Preparation embedded in the core curriculum, career development services, major courses and co-curricular activities.