School of Music, Theatre, and Dance
Master of Music Education
Start your AU story
- A completed Master of Music Education application
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Valid teacher’s license
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two recommendations related to teaching and musical abilities (form below)
- Writing sample
- Interview with music education faculty
For more information, contact the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at (765) 641-4544; toll-free (800) 619-3047; fax (765) 641-3809.
MME Recommendation Form
- Philosophy and History of Music Education 3 hrs.
- Bibliography and Research 3 hrs.
- Psychology of Music 3 hrs.
- Graduate Music Theory 3 hrs.
- Music History 3 hrs.
- World Music 2 hrs.
- Thesis in Music Education 3 hrs. OR Professional Project in Music Education 1 hr.
Music Education Elective Courses 12-14 hours
- Level I Orff Certification 3 hrs.
- Level II Orff Certification 3 hrs.
- Level III Orff Certification 3 hrs.
- Orff Curriculum 2 hrs.
- Orff Technology 1 hr
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics — Beginning and Intermediate 2 hrs.
- Percussion (Drumming) in the General Music Classroom 1-2 hrs.
- Conversational Solfege 2 hrs.
- First Steps in Music 2 hrs.
- Selected Topics in Music Education 1-3 hrs.
Other Music Theory, Private Lessons, and Conducting electives are available.
For full requirements and additional program information, view the Graduate Catalog.