At Anderson University, our goal is Student Success.
What does Student Success mean to us?
- each student connects with the right academic program to fulfill their dreams,
- connects with individuals in and out of the classroom,
- realizes God’s purpose for their lives, and
- graduates equipped to live a life of faith and service.
Our Student Success Initiatives
- Raven 101, when students register for courses and officially become part of AU,
- continue through new student orientation and the First-Year Experience,
- evolve as the student grows and matures.
In addition to campus life programming, we offer academic programs designed to prepare each student for success at AU.
How do we meet our goal to equip AU students with the support and resources they need to be successful?
- Center for Career and Calling
- The Center for Career and Calling is here to provide the tools and guidance necessary to plan for a career after graduation day.
- Disability Services for Students
- The Office of Disability Services for Students, located in the Kissinger Learning Center, provides individualized support for students diagnosed with Specific Learning Disabilities or for those with Other Disabilities who meet 504 Guidelines. Students requesting Sign Language Interpreting Services is available through Disability Services for Students.
- Educational Support Services
- This office coordinates programs designed to help undergraduate students connect with an advisor, schedule classes, and access other academic support.
- Specifically, Educational Support Services coordinates:
- Advising and Advising Sheets
- Alpha Program
- Raven 101
- Kissinger Learning Center
- The Kissinger Learning Center (KLC) offers both group and individualized programs to help increase efficiency in writing, reading, and learning strategies. Tutoring is available in many courses, and a writing center allows students to have papers reviewed and edited. Workshops and classes also help students strengthen skills.
- Services are FREE to all students who are currently enrolled at Anderson University. Over 500 students use the services each semester.
- Nicholson Library
- The staff of and resources provided by Nicholson Library play a significant role in the student experience and ultimately student success. We support and facilitate discovery, research, study, and lifelong learning through instruction, print & online collections, services/space, and knowledgeable/supportive staff.