School of Education
Transition to Teaching
- A collaborative community of learners
- Evening classes
- Program completion in ten months
- Field-based classroom immersion
- Recognition for prior professional experience
- Low-interest loan options for financial support
- Online and in-class instructional experiences
- Candidates may select either elementary (K-6) or secondary (5-12) tracks
Start your AU story
- Apply to the Transition to Teaching program
- Transcripts: Send official transcripts to AU.DocumentAGS@anderson.edu or mail to
Attn: Adult/Grad Processing
1100 E Fifth St.
Anderson, IN 46012
- Two letters of recommendation: one personal, one professional (forms below)
- Complete the CASA test if requirements not met
Initial Admission Requirements:
- Candidates must have a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with an overall GPA of 3.0 as well as a GPA of 3.0 in their major area of study OR
- Candidates must have a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with an overall GPA of 2.5 as well as a GPA of 2.5 in their major, with five years of professional experience.
- Passing scores from one of the following exams (official score report must be submitted with application):
- Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) which includes Reading, Math, and Writing sub-tests (for more information, contact the AU School of Education) OR
- ACT® with a score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science OR
- SAT® with a score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math OR
- GRE® with a score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11 OR GRE® with a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11
Note: Anyone with a master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution is exempt from the basic skills exams listed above.
Appropriate CORE content assessment(s) must be completed by the date assigned. Students will be notified of this information during their admission interview or subsequent letter indicating acceptance into the Transition to Teaching program.
If you have difficulty accessing the form above, please try the full version.
If you have difficulty accessing the form above, please try the full version