The Anderson University LAUNCH Program allows qualifying high school juniors and seniors to take introductory courses on AU’s campus and earn college credit prior to high school graduation.*
Available Launch Courses
These courses are pre-approved as introductory level courses for high school students in the LAUNCH program.
Please contact the Office of Admissions to check space availability and class times.
- ARTH 2000–Great Themes Art/Design History
Bible and Religion
- CMIN 2000–Intro to Church Ministry
- RLGN 2000–Intro to Religion
- CPSC 1100–Introduction to Business Information
- BSNS 1050–Business as a Profession
- BSNS 2710 Principals of Management
- BSNS 2810 Principals of Marketing
- CPSC 1200 Introduction to Web Programming
- CPSC 1400 Computer Science I
- Any Level I or Level II dance techniques class
- DANC 1590–Dance Composition I
- DANC 1580 Dance Improvisation I
- DANC 3000 Dance in the Global Community
English and Communication
- COMM 1000–Intro to Speech Communication
- COMM 2000–Media and Society
- COMM 2010–The Communication Professional
- COMM 2200–Visual Communication
- ENGL 1110–Rhetoric & Composition
Fitness and Exercise Science
- EXSC 1360–Intro to Exercise Science
- PEHS 1000–Fitness/Leisure for Life
- SPAN 1010–Elementary Spanish I
- FREN 1010–Elementary French 1
- GERM 1010–Elementary German 1
- MATH 1220 – Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry
- MATH 1250 – Explorations in Mathematics
- MATH 1300–Finite Mathematics
- MUBS 2010–Introduction to Music Business
- MUED 1000–Introduction to Music Education
- MUSC 1000–Music Literacy
- MUSC 1010–Theory I
- MUSC 1030–Aural Comprehension I
- MUPF 1230–Jazz Combo
- MUPF 1360–Brass Ensemble
- MUPF 1370–Woodwind Ensemble
- MUPF 1380–String Ensemble
- MUPF 1390–Percussion Ensemble
- MUSC 2210–Music, the Arts, and Culture
- MUSC 2220–Music in Society
- MUPF 1070–Women’s Chorus
- MUPF 1180–Men’s Choir
- MUPF 1260–Concert Band
- MUPF 1310–Anderson Symphonic Choir
- MUPF 1330–Chamber Orchestra
- *Any private music lesson (by audition)
- NURS 2130–Is Nursing for Me?
- NURS 2140–Issues in Nursing
- BIOL 1000–Principles of Modern Biology
- BIOL 2070– Humans and the Environment
- BIOL 2210–Foundations of Modern Biology I
- BIOL2220–Foundations of Modern Biology II
- BIOL 2410 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2420- Anatomy & Physiology II
- CHEM 1000–Intro to Chemistry
- PHYS 1020–Earth and Space Science
- PHYS 1000–Physical Science
- PHYS 1240 – Introduction to Astronomy
- CRIM 2520 – Introduction to Criminal Justice
- GLBL 2500–Intro to Global Studies
- HIST 2000–History of World Civilization
- HIST 2030–Western Civilization I
- HIST 2040–Western Civilization II
- HIST 2110–American Civilization I
- HIST 2120–American Civilization II
- POSC 2020–Intro to Politics
- POSC 2100–American National Government
- PSYC 2000–General Psychology
- SOCI 2010–Intro to Sociology
- SOCI 2020–Social Problems
- THEA 2110–Acting I
- THEA 2220–Theatre Genres and Analysis
- THEA 2350–Intro to Acting
These courses are pre-approved as introductory level courses for high school students in the LAUNCH program. Please contact the Office of Admissions to check space availability and class times. Some of the courses listed above have special rules.
*Additional fees apply
To qualify, high school juniors or seniors must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be recommended by their high school guidance counselor
- Agree to abide by the Lifestyle Statement at Anderson University (found in the LAUNCH Program Application).
For courses offered during the academic year, the total cost for LAUNCH participants is $60 per credit hour.
Payment in full must be made in advance of registration. Placement exams may be required for courses in English, math, and foreign language. Students may take up to 6 credit hours each semester, not to exceed a total of 12 credit hours for the program.
For a LAUNCH Program application file to be considered, the university must have received the following information:
- LAUNCH Program application
- Academic reference
- Official high school transcript
- Please note that the deadline to apply for spring 2019 is December 1, 2018.
Successful completion of the LAUNCH Program requires that students meet all LAUNCH Program attendance requirements and complete all first semester courses with a passing grade.
Apply today, and get a head start on your future.
Contact Paula Blount, Visit Team Manager.
*The Launch Program is not available for online courses.