How to Maintain Your Status
(Required of all International Students including undergraduates, graduate programs, and adult studies.)
- Check in each semester with the Director of ISS (Decker 235).
- Do not let your immigration documents expire; I-20 and Passport.
- Register for a full course of study.
- Do not work without authorization.
- Do not work more than 20 hours a week total on campus during academic year.
- Change your address and phone number, update the Director of ISS within 10 days.
- Update immigration documents with the Director of ISS; Changes to major, level of study, funding or transferring to another Institution.
- Obtain a travel signature prior to international travel. This travel signature stays valid for one year.
- Communicating with ISS, Check your AU email.
- Insurance is required by all International Student.
View the Study in the States web page. It has information on how to stay in status plus much more.