AU definition of Commuter or Off-Campus... What’s the difference?
- Commuter: lives with a parent or legal guardian
- Off-campus: does NOT live on campus; does NOT live with a parent/guardian
Eligible Commuter Students
Students who are ELIGIBLE to commute, meet ALL of the following criteria:
- live with a parent or legal guardian, AND
- commuting address is within one of the approved zip codes (see housing website for complete list)
All students who are eligible OR approved to commute must complete & submit the Commuter Address Information Form & Parent Verification Form located on the Housing Website. The Parent Verification form must be submitted to Decker 206 by Monday, August 27, 2018.
Students that do not meet the deadline for completing the online Commuter Application or submitting the Commuter Parent Verification Form will be fined as follows:
- $50 if not submitted by September 3, 2018
- $100 if not submitted by September 10, 2018
- Holding Charge ($3,025) applied and name turned over to the Dean of Students if not submitted by September 17, 2018
Students who do not meet eligibility for either commuter status or off-campus status and are not approved via the appeal process, are expected to secure an on-campus assignment.
Anderson University reserves the right to require any student, regardless of class standing, age, or number of hours enrolled, to live in university housing or to move on campus at any time during the academic year.
Policy Enforcement: Any student found to be living off-campus/commuting without eligibility or approval will be subject to Disciplinary Probation and fines totaling the amount of two semesters worth of current on-campus housing charges.