Centennial Celebration

Centennial Menu

AU Facts in Time

  • Campus Seal

    April 21, 2018
    12:11 a.m.

    The official seal of Anderson University features three Latin words (veritas, fidelitas, and utilitas) that mean truth, faithfulness, and service.

  • Early Years

    January 1, 1880
    1 a.m.

    The Church of God reformation movement began in 1880. In 1906, Trumpet workers moved to Anderson, Ind., from Moundsville, W. Va.

  • 1917-1926

    January 1, 1917
    1 a.m.

    In 1917, the Anderson Bible Training School was established by J. T. Wilson and Russell Byrum both Church of God (Anderson, Ind.) leaders. When opened, 65 students were enrolled.

View Full Timeline
View Full Timeline
#lightingthepath