The Resident Conference Assistant (RCA) program plays a vital role in ensuring the success of the University’s summer conference and camp schedule. An RCA is a current Anderson University student and hired through the conferencing office for summer employment, and is involved in every aspect of the conference and camp program, from general preparation for a visiting group, to planning specific group needs with individual conference directors or coaches, and on-site management.
The RCA assigned to a specific group will be the primary contact person for any arrangements that need to be made for a camp or conference once the summer has begun. Prior to the completion of the academic year, all correspondence can be done through the conference office.
1. Serve as a key liaison between the conference office and visiting groups
- Act as a resource person to all conference directors/coaches and participants
- Be accessible in person or by telephone, within reason, for questions or concerns and to respond to emergency situations
2. Assist the Office of Conference & Performance Events in the efficient operation of the summer camps and conferences
- Help with the planning and preparation for upcoming groups
- Prepare and implement a working agenda and schedule for each conference/camp prior to arrival
3. Assist with the day-to-day operations for each conference/camp
- Meet daily with the conference directors/coaches to discuss any needs or concerns from their group
- Provide transportation and drivers as needed for a conference/camp
- Attend events within a conference as requested
4. Assist with the registration of incoming groups
Interested students can contact the Office of Conference & Performance Events at (765) 641-4144 or stop by Reardon Auditorium.