Employer Matching Gifts
Multiply your Impact Save & Exit
Many employers have joined the ever-growing list of companies that will match the gifts employees and their spouses make to an accredited college or university. Some companies will match the gift one-to-one, and some will double-match or even triple-match your gift. We refer to this type of gift as an Employer Matching Gift. Currently, more than 7,500 parent companies, subsidiaries, and divisions in the US and Canada have a corporate matching gift program.
What does this mean to you? It means the impact you make can be multiplied for AU students!
Employer Matching Gift Details
Do I qualify for the Employer Matching Gift Program?
It is easy to find out if your employer is included among companies who participate in this program. Here are three ways to learn this information:
- You can visit our make a gift page to search for your employer. Simply start typing your company’s name where it says “Select your employer.” If your company is on the matching list, their name will appear. You can then fill out the rest of the form to make your gift, and you will receive an email with further instructions. If your company is not on the list, your results will read “No matches found.”
- You can check with your company’s personnel or human resource department. It has been our experience that the staff in these departments are well versed in these matters.
- You can email Jennifer Steiner in Advancement Services to inquire if your company participates in the Employer Matching Gift Program.
How do I help AU secure the Employer Matching Gift?
If you make your gift online, you will receive an email with further instructions. Matching gifts companies have forms that you must complete after you make your gift. Most companies have those available through their personnel or human resource departments. Complete this form and send it to Anderson University, ATTN: Jennifer Steiner. We will verify receipt of your gift and complete the process with your company.
Is any gift I make to Anderson University eligible for match by a matching gifts company?
Almost all gifts made to Anderson University would be eligible for match by a matching gift company. However, some companies do have rules guiding what kind of gift they will match. For instance, some companies will not match gifts that are given by the donor for restricted purposes. If you are thinking of making a gift and are uncertain of your company’s rules, we suggest you contact the HR or personnel department at your company for more details.
Morrison Society recognizes accumulated lifetime giving. It honors Dr. John A. Morrison, first president of Anderson University
- $1,000,000 and more – 1917 Association
- $500,000 – $999,999 – Builders Association
- $100,000 – $499,999 – Founders Association
Leadership Society recognizes donors who play critical leadership roles in funding many important initiatives on an annual basis.
- President’s Circle – $10,000 and above
- Dean’s Circle – $2,500 – $9,999
- Scholar’s Circle – $1,000 – $2,499
- Associate’s Circle – $300 – $999
- Loyalty Circle – Consecutive Annual Giving (10 years or more)
The Heritage Society recognizes and honors all living alumni and friends who have made a commitment to the future of Anderson University through a planned gift or who have arranged a gift from their estate. If you have made provisions for Anderson University in your estate planning or want to learn more about the Heritage Society, please send a message to email@example.com or call 1-800-421-1025.
Indiana Tax Credit
Indiana residents save 50% on their state taxes for gifts to AU – up to a maximum of $200 for couples filing jointly and $100 for single taxpayers. If you itemize deduction on your federal taxes, you can save even more!
- A $1,000 annual gift for a married couple in the 33% tax bracket would cost only $470.
- A $500 annual gift for a single person in the 25% tax bracket would cost only $375.