All who wish to major in education, or who wish to seek licensure, must be formally admitted to the teacher preparation program after completing the prerequisite requirements. These requirements must be met prior to enrolling in upper-level education or subject-specific methods courses and in the teaching internship. Transfer students considering a major in education should meet with the Dean of the School of Education to assess eligibility. Admission to the university neither implies nor guarantees acceptance into the teacher preparation program.
Are you ready for the Teacher Preparation Program?
The criteria for eligibility to interview for TPP is as follows:
- Completed EDUC 2000 (or equivalent) with a C or better
- Completed EDUC 2100 with a C or better
- Completed or be enrolled in EDUC 2110 (completed with C or better)
- Completed ENGL 1100 or 1110 and 1120 (completed with C or better)
- Pass the Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) which includes Reading, Math, and Writing sub-tests OR have an ACT with a score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science OR have a SAT with a score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher