Spanish (43-45 hours)
A major in Spanish offers students a triple focus: language, culture, and literature. After successful completion of the program, majors will be equipped to do the following:
- Comprehend and interpret written and spoken language.
- Express themselves in the written and spoken word of that language.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the literature and civilizations of the countries represented by the target language.
- Value other cultures as fellow global citizens.
- Develop skills to function successfully in cross-cultural environments.
What classes will I take?
- Spanish Composition
- Spanish Conversation
- Spanish Civilization and Culture
- Spanish-American Civilization
What kind of jobs can I anticipate after graduation?
- Bilingual Educator
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Immigration Officer
What kind of experiences will I have?
- Study Abroad programming with more than 30 locations around the world.
- Tri-S trips (a short term learning service program).
- Local opportunities to interact with members in the community.
- Language opportunities with Spanish chapel services and immersion nights (social events where no English is spoken).