Becoming a tutor
For a current list of available tutor/facilitator positions, and/or to apply, please go to the Office of Work LIfe Engagement on the first floor of Decker Hall. All applicants for all tutor and facilitator positions must meet the minimum requirements which include the following:
- must have the recommendation of their instructor for that particular course.
- must have received a grade of a B or above (preferably an A in that particular course).
- must have at least a sophomore standing or a “strong” faculty recommendation from the instructor of the course being tutored.
- must agree to specific KACE professional standards.
- must take study strategies workshops.
- must complete tutor training (all sessions).
- must be willing to meet with course instructors for consolations and/or instructions.
The service is open to all students: traditional, adult students, and the School of Theology. The Math Department handles most of their own tutoring in D-330 for higher level classes. However, tutoring for lower level math classes is available at the KACE.
Visit us at the Kissinger Academic Center for Excellence (KACE) located in the Nicholson Library or call us at (765) 641-4225 to make an appointment.