Are auditions required for admittance into the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance?
Yes. Any student planning to major in music, musical theatre, or dance is required to audition.
How do I prepare for my audition?
This depends on the type of audition (music, dance, or musical theatre), and in the case of music, on the instrument. Please view a detailed list in preparation for your audition.
How long will the audition take?
This varies. Here are items to consider:
All students should allow 50 minutes for the required theory placement test.
For Music auditions:
- You will be given 30 minutes to warm up in a practice room prior to your audition.
- Vocalists will also have 5 minutes to warm up with an accompanist.
- If you are auditioning on more than one instrument, you will have 30 minutes between for warming up.
For Musical Theatre auditions:
- You will participate in a jazz and ballet class.
- You will have time to change attire and warm up for 25 minutes on your own plus 5 minutes with an accompanist.
- Your voice audition will be 15 minutes.
- Your monologue is 20 minutes.
Additional information, including a schedule, will be sent via email prior to the audition date.
Are there scholarships available to School of Music, Theatre, and Dance incoming students?
Yes. If you audition on campus by March 4, you may be eligible for additional music scholarships.