Why audition at AU for dance?
- A rare find. Anderson University is one of the few Christian universities to offer a dance program.
- Flexible degree with individualized attention. The diversity of majors and small class sizes allow students to design their own college experience around their passions and career goals.
- Highly skilled and experienced faculty. Within the program all faculty are practicing professionals in the fields of dance, theatre, or musical theatre.
- Comprehensive curriculum. Students are required to take a variety of core courses and have the flexibility to select from focus areas and choose from a variety of related courses across campus to complete their individual dance degree.
- Rethink. Reinvent. Reimagine. Students focus on refining the body, sharpening the mind, and exploring an open environment to deepen connections between spirit and faith, becoming well-balanced individuals with the skills to pursue professional interests and servant leadership.
The dance program at Anderson University creates a balance between mind, body, and spirit. Our goal is to create an environment where students explore creativity and movement, experience faith and spirituality, and excel in dance academics and theory. Core requirements include ballet technique (Vagonova and Cecchetti), modern technique, jazz technique, improvisation, and partnering for ballet and modern. At AU, dance courses are taught by some of the finest professionals in the field including guest choreographers and guest faculty. Students perform in two major dance events each year and in Anderson University's Candles & Carols, the annual Christmas concert. Dancers may also audition for musical theatre and opera productions.
Discover dance majors:
B.A. in Dance (54 hrs) with four tracks:
Complementary Major in Dance (33 hrs) alongside a primary area of study.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information specific to Anderson University's Dance Program.