Why choose AU for music?
- Anderson University’s music program is known around the world. Alumni perform at the La Scala opera house in Italy, the Met, Carnegie Hall, at the Academy Awards, and at other international venues.
- The new musical theatre major combines studies in music, theatre, and dance. Performance opportunities with The Boze Lyric Theatre include two lyric theatre productions, scene showcases, and a senior showcase.
- Music education students network with professional music educators and vendors through participation in the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) and the AU chapter of the Indiana Music Educators Association (IMEA).
- Guest artists and artists-in-residence visit the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance each year. Artists visiting AU include Canadian Brass, Van Cliburn gold medal pianist Jon Nakamatsu, Thodos Dance Chicago, and Indianapolis Baroque Ensemble.
- Alumni successfully pursue graduate work at Indiana University, St. Thomas University, the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Boston University, and Vanderbilt University. Alumni Lawrence Brownlee, Sandi Patty, Bill and Gloria Gaither, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Jon McLaughlin enjoy extremely successful careers in their genres.
Anderson University is a place where you can pursue your musical aspirations and participate in an active and supportive community of scholars and artists. You will be challenged to new heights of greatness and a deeper foundation of faith. Music faculty members are active performers and scholars and are often invited to speak at academic conferences or serve as adjudicators, guest conductors, and clinicians. Students in all of our degree programs receive individualized study and one-on-one instruction from professors. This is a place where creativity thrives, where performance opportunities abound, where professors encourage and motivate, and where you have the opportunity to realize your dreams.
Discover music majors