Renovare Covenant and Common Disciplines
In utter dependence upon Jesus Christ as my ever-living Savior, Teacher, Lord and Friend, I will seek continual renewal through
- Spiritual exercises
- Spiritual gifts
- Acts of services
- By God’s grace, I will set aside time regularly for prayer, meditation, and spiritual reading and will seek to practice the presence of God.
- By God’s grace, I will strive mightily against sin and will do deeds of love and mercy.
- By God’s grace, I will welcome the Holy Spirit, exercising the gifts and nurturing the fruit while living in the joy and power of the Spirit.
- By God’s grace, I will endeavor to serve others everywhere I can and will work for justice in all human relationships and social structures.
- By God’s grace, I will share my faith with others as God leads and will study the Scriptures regularly.
- By God’s grace, I will joyfully seek to show forth the presence of God in all that I am, in all that I do, in all that I say.
A series of “Questions of Examen” follow this Covenant and Disciplines, designed to be used to small groups, including questions such as, “In what ways has God made his presence known to you since our last meeting?” “Have you sensed any influence or work of the Holy Spirit since our last meeting?”