Current Student Quick Links


Q.  What forms must I file?

A.  You need to file either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Renewal FAFSA application if you filed a FAFSA last year.

Q.  Is there a deadline to file the FAFSA?

A.  There is a deadline for Indiana residents.  For Indiana residents the FAFSA must be received by March 10.  For all students Anderson University has established a March 1 priority date that will be used when awarding financial aid.

Q.  How do I file the FAFSA?

A.  Both the regular and renewal FAFSA can be filed on the Web at A paper version of the FAFSA is available in the Office of Student Financial Services.

Q.  Who is to complete the FAFSA?

A.  Any student who wants to be considered for need-based grants from the federal or state government or from the university.  To receive a student loan the FAFSA has to be completed as well.

*If you are a dependent student your parents will also need to complete a portion of the FAFSA.

Q.  How is the FAFSA signed if we file electronically using the web?

A.  The FAFSA can be signed electronically with the use of a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).  Your parent(s) will need their own FSA ID if you are filing the FAFSA as a dependent student.​

Q.  How do I apply for academic scholarships from the university?

A.  No separate application is required.  Eligibility for academic scholarships will be reviewed in May after final grades are posted.  For those students already receiving an academic scholarship, it will be renewed automatically if the required GPA is met.  If you aren’t currently receiving an academic scholarship but feel you will meet the eligibility requirements at the end of the semester, contact your Student Financial Services counselor.

*For additional questions or assistance in completing the FAFSA please contact your counselor in the Office of Student Financial Services.