Office of Information Technology Services (ITS)
Information Technology Services enhances the Anderson University experience by providing excellent resources and support to meet the technology needs of students, employees and friends of the university.
A new service we are excited to offer our AU Community is MyAU, a one-stop shop for all AU electronic resources.
- Find answers to your questions here. How to install printers, How to Connect to WiFi, All how-do-I articles are listed in our new HelpDesk Knowledgebase.
- Requires an AU student or employee username and password.
Technology Requirements for Students
- Wireless access will be available in most public places, academic buildings and all residence halls. Do NOT bring personal wireless routers and/or switches. Wireless cards should be 802.11a or 802.11g. The residence halls have 802.11n.
- For wired connections, you need a 10/100/1000 network card. You will need to bring an ethernet cable. 25' cables are standard length for residence hall rooms.
- Windows must be fully patched. It’s a good idea to check for updates regularly. Before bringing your computer to campus make sure all critical updates have been applied.
- IMPORTANT: Obtain an antivirus program AND make sure it is up-to-date. Each student is required to obtain their own antivirus solution. There are free antivirus solutions available from AVG, AVast and Microsoft Security Essentials. If you purchased a new computer, either uninstall the trial version of antivirus or pay to activate the installed trial version.
- A suggested program to protect yourself from spyware: Malwarebytes.
- Pack original CDs of critical software (Windows, Office, etc.). If a problem with the machine or software occurs, original software is required.
- NO Windows XP, NO Windows ME, NO Windows 98.
- NO file sharing programs (i.e. Morpheus, Kazaa, LimeWire, BearShare).
Raven Wireless is the one wireless network for all of the AU community. It authenticates with an AU username/password (e.g. your AccessAU credentials).
Raven Guest will be available for any visitors on campus.
Learn more about wifi at AU.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: If you would like to speak with a support technician in person, you are welcome to visit our ITS office in the basement of Decker Hall (BOD), Room 54.