How to Apply for Student Leadership
Applying for Student Leadership
At AU we believe the best way to learn about leading is to jump right into the experience of student leadership on campus. Student leadership will give you the opportunity to try out the things you are learning in the classroom and it will give you a sense of community and accountability to anchor you through the ups and downs of leadership. With the guidance of an incredible student life team, we believe that you will learn more about who you are, where areas of needed growth exist in you, and how you are uniquely equipped to serve and lead the AU community and the world.
To begin the process of applying for a student leadership position, please:
- Fill out the online application for Student Leadership positions. This application will take about thirty minutes to complete and you cannot save along the way so please make sure you begin the application with enough time to complete it. Applications will close on Friday, February 2, 2018, at 5 p.m.
- You are requested to upload a one-page resume on your application. This document will be added to your application packet and available for review. It’s recommended that you also bring a printed resume to your interview. Please stop by the Center for Career and Calling if you need help updating or writing your resume.
- There will be a resume and interviewing workshop on Wednesday, Jan. 24th at 7 p.m. in the Decker 3rd floor computer lab. The workshop will focus on creating and tailoring your resume to the student leadership position(s) to which you are applying as well as interviewing tips. All students interested in a student leadership position are encouraged to attend.
- Once you have completed the online application, please wait to hear from the respective supervisor of the area you are applying for further instructions.
Human Resources Paperwork
- You MUST bring a referral from Human Resources to your individual interview.
- Go to the HR web page to fill out necessary paperwork including the Student Employment application and two tax forms. If you have never worked at AU before you will also need to complete the I-9 and the direct deposit form.
- Take this paperwork to the HR office (BOD) in order to get your referral.
You are required to submit three peer recommendations through the online form. Recommendations must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2018.