Just Dance! Summer Dance Intensive
We are excited that you have chosen Anderson as a place to study dance during your summer break, and we promise that your experience here will be one of excitement, passion, and pure enjoyment. You will be taking classes from some of the top teachers and professionals in the area, as well as learning repertory that is sure to be engaging and challenging.
In choosing the AU Summer Dance Intensive, know that your time spent at Anderson University will consist of new friends, great memories, and spectacular dance. This is just the beginning of what is sure to be an inspiring week of dance for you!
Students about to enter their senior year in high school, who just finished their senior year in high school, or students wishing to transfer to AU may use the intensive as their audition to the dance program.
This week-long dance intensive offers high school and college students experiential training in a variety of dance forms, including yoga, pilates, modern, ballet, jazz, world dance, improvisation, and repertory.
AU Summer Dance Intensive classes are taught by Anderson University faculty as well as guest instructors and professionals. An informal concert showcase will take place at the end of the week for parents and friends to enjoy.
Space is limited, so be sure to register early. Please also be familiar with the required attire for the summer dance intensive. Participants will receive a packet of information prior to the event, with housing information, class schedule, maps, and directions to Anderson University.
Experience what it is like to dance with the best! This is just the beginning of what is sure to be an inspiring week of dance for you!
High school students and college freshmen are welcome, ages 14-20.
June 17-23, 2018
Sunday - Saturday
This is a residential experience. Students will arrive on Sunday, June 17 and depart on Saturday, June 23
- 8 a.m. — Breakfast
- 9 - 10:20 a.m. — Ballet
- 10:30 - 11:50 a.m. — Jazz
- 12 - 1 p.m. — Lunch
- 1 - 2:20 p.m. — Modern
- 2:30 - 3:50 p.m. — World Dance/Period Dance/Improvisation
- 4 - 4:50 p.m. — Rest/Open Sessions
- 5 - 6:30 p.m. — Dinner
- 6:30 - 9 p.m. — Repertory/Rehearsal
- Movie night
- Q&A session regarding college, auditioning, and life as a professional dancer
- Coffee & conversation at Mocha Joe’s
- Ballet — Women must wear tights and solid-color leotards, as well as ballet shoes. Men must wear tights and solid-color leotards or form-fitting solid-colored shirt/tank top, as well as ballet shoes.
- Jazz — Women must wear tights or dance leggings/pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. Men must wear jazz pants/form-fitted pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. All dancers must wear jazz shoes.
- Modern, World Dance, and Improvisation — Women must wear fitted pants or shorts and fitted shirts or tank tops. Men must wear fitted pants or shorts and shirts or tank tops. Bare feet will be the requirement for these classes.
- Warm-ups will be allowed for the first minutes of class, but then must be promptly removed.
Questions regarding registration, housing or meals: Jill Goodwin
Questions regarding programming: AU Dance