MTS Non-Thesis Track Requirements
Non-Thesis Track, Master of Theological Studies (49 semester hours)
A student enrolled in the non-thesis track of the Master of Theological Studies seminary degree is required to successfully complete a comprehensive examination in Bible, theology, and history, in addition to the courses listed below. For more detailed information and course descriptions, refer to the current seminary catalog.
- THST 5000 Orientation to Graduate Theological Studies
- THST 5110 Hermeneutics and Critical Reflection in Theological Education
- OLDT 5100 Faith and Life Through the Hebrew Scriptures
- NEWT 5100 New Testament Seminar: Jesus and the Caesars
- THST 5120 Faith Seeking Understanding
- CHIS 5100 History of Christianity
- INTS 5100 Missio Dei: Introduction to Culture Studies
- PAST 5100 Spiritual Formation
- Choose ONE course (3 hrs) from the Biblical Studies Course Descriptions
Either OLDT or NEWT
- Choose ONE course (3 hrs) from the CHIS Courses
- Choose ONE course (3 hrs) from the THST Courses
- 18 hours of electives will be selected in consultation with the MTS advisor in a chosen area of study. Courses must to be approved by the Academic Cabinet.