Peace and Conflict Transformation (PACT)
PACT was founded by an endowment established in 1997 through the vision of Maurice and Dondeena Caldwell. The endowment recently reached $900 thousand of its $1 million goal, making it the fastest-growing endowment at AU.
The Peace and Conflict Transformation program seeks to:
- Encourage the inclusion of the concerns of peace and conflict transformation into the existing curriculum and campus life
- Facilitate multiple forums for students and faculty to explore and analyze the spiritual, moral, philosophical and political issues inherent in conflict and efforts for peacemaking
- Inform students and faculty of the processes of nonviolent transformation of interpersonal, cultural, organizational and political conflict
- Support the efforts of Anderson University personnel to teach others mechanisms for conflict transformation
- Support research projects related to peace and conflict transformation