The Kardatzke Wellness Center is a resource for all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and families. To use the facility, these patrons present their valid university ID card at the information desk.
Academic Year Hours
Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 1 – 11 p.m.
The hours and fees for the Bennett Natatorium are different from the wellness center.
Information Desk: (765) 641-4560
Weight Room: (765) 641-3882
Athletic Department Office: (765) 641-4478
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is authorized to use Kardatzke Wellness Center?
The groups listed below are authorized to use the Wellness Center. Everyone listed below is required to have an Anderson University I.D. card.
- Current AU faculty, staff, and students
- The spouse of a current faculty, staff, student, retiree, or Board of Trustees
- The dependent children of current faculty, staff, student, or Board of Trustees (up to age 24)
- University retiree or member of Board of Trustees
- Donors (as determined by Development Office)
*Refer faculty, staff, and retirees to Human Resources in Decker Hall
*Refer students to registrar’s office in Decker Hall
*Refer donors to Alumni Office/Development Office.
What is the process to obtain a Kardatzke Wellness Center Pass?
Persons who are not current AU students, faculty or staff, or immediate family members of AU students, faculty or staff, may obtain a KWC Pass by:
- Paying an annual $700 fee which is broken down as follows:
- $500 tax-deductible donation ($150 is automatically donated to the KWC and $350 is donated to the AU Student Fund or the University program of the donor’s choice)
- $200 KWC usage fee (non tax-deductible)
- Contacting the Alumni Office (Decker Hall 214 or email@example.com) to verify eligibility and fill out an application form.
- Taking the authorized forms to the Security Office in Hardacre Hall to have a picture ID taken for a one-time $20 fee.
Does the KWC offer any classes?
Exercise Science majors will offer personal training classes with faculty/staff/students for $12 per hour. Contact Diana Jones for more information at (765) 641-4125.
View the pool website for more information about swimming lessons or water aerobics.
Are there any alterations to KWC hours for athletic teams?
During the academic year, the Department of Athletics has been granted exclusive use of the weight room area weekdays from 3:30 – 6 p.m. for the purposes of team workout sessions. The cardio area and upstairs track will remain open during these times.
The men’s staff locker room area will close at approximately 5 p.m. on Wednesday night’s through basketball season (February) to accommodate officials for home men’s and women’s basketball games. Please use the locker room area at Bennett Natatorium.